Thursday, July 16, 2009

Daniel's Family Reunion!!!!

FINALLY, a moment to write. I’ve been back from home now for about a week and unfortunately I’m homesick:( cant sleep and ready to go somewhere again… and I’m not one to get homesick!... but this time its’ probably cause the beau was home and loads of family members I’ve never seen before.. Plus didn’t have loads of time to hang out with the best friend either. Anyhow, seeing the family was great. I was dreading going in the beginning cause I didn’t want to pay that $800 ticket but in the end it was well worth the money. The whole point of me going was for my mother’s side of the family to have their very first family reunion. I can say it was lovely and well put together. I was able to see family I have NEVER seen before and those that are only a vivid of my imagination. I’m very grateful to have a family of this caliber. I’ve also realized how much of a role model I am without realizing it. It’s quite an empowering and overwhelming feeling at the same time. I also took this opportunity to try to figure out my family history. Beginning so close to Africa, I’ve wanted to trace my family line back to it’s tribe and visit the “motherland”. So while at the family reunion I figured somebody would be able to point me in the right direction…. WELL they directed me in the right direction however; not the direction that I thought!. My grandmother explained that both of her parents were Native Americans; Black foot and Black Crow. This was apparent when all my family came around LOL.. My father then told me in the same sentence that his mother’s mother was full Cherokee Indian. All I could think was, How come no one decided to tell me this when I was in college.. I could at least got a book paid for!!!! I would have join a reservation for that.. LOL But it was interesting to see my characteristic in other people. I won’t even mention the side jokes the cousins had about “weave” matching everyone else’s hair LOL!!! Anyhow, this merited for a PERFECT time to bring out the great o camera……..
There is NOTHING like family:)






No comments:

Post a Comment