Monday, January 19, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. KING


What’s the first thing you think of when MLK day comes around???
....um….lets think…..WOHOOOO….a day off work…(unless you are where I am..no day off for me)
Okay seriously…this day if any has really made me take a step back and think about where we came from;especially this year. And when i refer to "we" I'm not just talking about African Americans. It’s more than just a routine holiday but a mere symbol of a long standing struggle. A struggle that is not over but in time is growing. I appreciate the voice that was given by Dr. King and what he represented. Now it’s not just about race but what do you do to contribute to make this world “equal”. Furthermore will we ever become “equal”???? When is the last time you evaluated your actions?
He had a dream and I’m beginning to live mine….so THANKS

I took this picture when I first got my camera and I just ran out of things to snap…so this is what I did... didn’t think I would ever do anything with it…go figure… LOL..

No comments:

Post a Comment